Monday, November 2, 2009

Satirical Essay


Satirical Essay

Why am I a “racist?" Well first off I don’t think that this is a fair term to use when you refer to me. It has so many negative connotations. If someone is called a racist, bigot, or xenophobe, then others will unfairly judge him even though they don’t know anything about him. I am not a racist but rather a race lover--I love my race more than others.

If you had siblings to whom were close and with whom you had much in common then you would be more likely to associate with them rather than with outsiders. Now if some stranger tried to be familiar with your family you would be taken aback. You would think, “Doesn’t this guy have his own family he can bother?" or "Geez this guy is so repulsive that even his own family can’t stand him, why should we try?" This is my loving view of the other races.

How did I become a race lover? It is really quite simple: all it takes is for you to see things from my point of view. That is if people of your ethnicity are capable of such complicated thought processes. If you knew you were better than everyone else why on earth would you want to spend time with anyone else? It’s like this: you have the choice between a fancy turkey dinner or fried rat. What do you choose? Obviously you chose the turkey dinner because it is better. It’s human nature to choose what is better. So it is human nature for me to be a race lover. How could someone be so arrogant as to ask me to go against my human nature.

I’m under the impression that people are made different for a reason. Why else would there be so many different colors of people if we weren’t supposed to be separate? As humans we often organize things into groups based on their shapes or color. So what is so wrong about organizing ourselves into categories based on color?

I love my race in fact I am downright proud of my race. If you were lucky enough to be part of my race then you would be a race lover too, but that would never happen. I don’t know if can truly put into words how proud of my race I am. I mean we invented peanut butter. I just want to end this piece with this line: “All Hail the Black Panther Party!”













4 comments:

  1. Very impressive, Ethan! :) Excellent content and very satirical indeed. Perfect twist at the end. However, I was thrown off by a few grammar mistakes - commas, etc. But, otherwise, its fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha. you arent really black....close though. i love how you are a race lover. :D and i saw a place where there were beginning quatation marks, but then no end ones. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awful punctuation in the end of paragraph two.
    Paragraph three was brilliant and hilarious! Spectacular Elhan Kitten =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've taken to heart all the things you said about my punctuation and I think I fixed most of it.

    ReplyDelete